Procurement and Contract Compliance
Frequently Asked Questions
Bids/RFPs Related Questions:
How do I find out about bid/proposal opportunities?
You can find out about bids on a weekly basis by:
- Utilizing the website for the Unified Government of Wyandotte County at Procurement and Contract Compliance Active Bids. You can search for Bids that interest you by using the Bids, RFP & Tabulations Search Engine. Simply hover your mouse over the yellow Bids and RFPs Area menu and select the Bids & Tabulation Search Engine item.
Additionally, you can make an appointment with the assigned buyer to talk about a particular opportunity and to let them know of your interest and capabilities in meeting the needs of the City. Their phone number is listed on the Notice to Bidder Section of the bid/proposal package.
Is there a fee for a bid package or proposal?
Any prints, bid package or proposal picked up at Public Works, Community Development, or Code Enforcement a fee will be applicable. A fee does not apply to the bid packages or proposals the Procurement and Contract Compliance office makes available.
Can I download bid/RFP documents without going through the supplier registration process?
No. You will not be able to download any documents from our website without properly registering and submitting the mandatory online registration form. Make sure your cookies on your system are enabled and the privacy settings on your browser is set to low to avoid the re-registration process every time you need to download bid documents. The Web Site Registration Form allows you to create an account used to get access to online bids and bid documents. It is also the account used to place online bids. All documents are available online for download and a hard copy can be obtained from Procurement and Contract Compliance. Here are the instructions on how to register for Bids & RFPs downloads:
- Our website is compatible to any PC with Microsoft Windows Operating System. Apple Macintosh users may encounter problems with online registration forms and downloads
- Use Internet Explorer to logon to the Purchasing website
- Click on the Bids & RFPstab
- Click on Online Bids and RFPs
- Scroll down and find the bid you are interested in downloading
- Click on the Bid Description
- Fill out the Bid Registration Form that appears on the screen
- If you have an issued City vendor number then enter it otherwise leave it blank until you obtain a vendor/supplier number
- Click inside the square box located before the bid description you are intending to download. You can select and print multiple bids if you like
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Submit
- The selected bids will now appear in a table and at this time you need to click on each Bid Description to move on to the next screen that lists the original bid document and any additional clarification letters that the bid may have
- Click on the bid document listed under the field Document to open it
- Print it and bring it with you to the Pre-Bid Conference Schedule
- Click on the Back button shown at the top left corner of the screen to return to the previous screen to select and print any additional clarification letters that the bid may have and attach them to the original bid document
- If you are downloading and printing more than one bid, hit the Back button twice to return to the screen labeled Confirmation Form to print the additional bids you have selected for download; otherwise, you are practically done at this point and are registered for the bid you selected.
How do I find out about bids for construction projects?
Some construction projects on our website others are handled through Public Works/Engineering Division, Community Development Department, and Code Enforcement Department. You will need to contact those departments for information and specifications regarding their bids.
Attending the pre-bid or pre-proposal conference will give you the opportunity to find out who is interested in bidding or proposing on a particular contract, or you can contact the assigned buyer.
Where do I turn in a bid or proposal?
All formal bids must be submitted by the specified due date and time, in duplicate, to the Procurement and Contract Compliance Department, City Hall, 6th floor, 701 N. 7th Street. The bid due date and time is specified in each bid/proposal package.
How do I find information about a bid or RFP?
Attending the Pre-Bid or Pre-Proposal Conference will give you the opportunity to ask questions about the specifications and general terms and conditions. This conference also allows for your guidance to find out who is interested in bidding or proposing on a particular contract, or you can contact the assigned buyer.
When and where do I locate your bid documents bid tabulations?
Bid tabulations are placed in the bid folder after an award has been made by Administration. You can search for the bid folder by bid name or bid number through our Search Engine
How do I get paid for services or goods I provide to the Unified Government?
Submit your invoice to the billing department as specified on your purchase order. If you do not submit your invoice to the proper billing address, payment will be delayed. Do not forget to show the Unified Government Purchase Order Number on your invoice to expedite payment, and invoice exactly as shown on the purchase order.
Goods and/or services must be itemized as to quantity, part number, description and applicable discount. Invoices must show the department, division or section to which the goods and/or services were rendered.
|Procurement & Contract Compliance
||8:00 am to 5:00 pm
||P: (913) 573-5465
|701 N. 7th Street
||Monday - Friday
||F: (913) 573-5444
|Kansas City, KS